Leopard and Rev windows/palettes problems

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

Paul_Malloy

Leopard and Rev windows/palettes problems

Post by Paul_Malloy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:00 pm

I updated all my Macs to Leopard before knowing that it would cause problems with Revolution. I would appreciate help with the following, as this has rendered the program unusable.

1. When is a Leopard compatible update expected? I am running 2.8.1 build 470.
2. In the programming environments, the main application window stays visible on top when dialog boxes or palettes or script windows launch, so you cannot see the other windows. This is maddening because the program will not respond and you can't see the dialog or palette to respond to it (or often even tell what is amiss).
3. Similarly, when running the resultant standalone, no dialog messages can be seen by the user, because they are in back of the main window, so the app cannot be responded to.
4. The main window stays visible even when one "hides" Revolution, interfering with seeing other applications running on the Mac.

I tried the "suspendStack" and "redrawStack" workaround listed in the bug reporting portion of the Rev site, with no apparent effect.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Paul,

1) I expect Rev 2.9 to be fully compatible with Leopard.
2 and 2) see (1)
4) I haven't seen that, not even in older version of Rev running in Leopard.

Forcing a window to redraw helps if you have problems rendering a window or controls on that window, it doesn't help with other problems.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Mac OS”