text rendering in windows standalone

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

reelstuff
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

text rendering in windows standalone

Post by reelstuff » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:04 pm

I found a previous thread on this topic however there appears to have been no solution, while testing a standalone, using 4.5.3 build 1210

Text displays and renders fine on OSX but when looking at the windows version, the text is fuzzy and difficult to read, sort of looks like something is wrong with the rendering of the text, in the previous thread some suggestion was made that setting a certain font or using a switch would work but that seems like a bad solution,

Anyone have any experience with which fonts may resolve better on windows

This is when building on MAC for Windows, I wonder if building on windows for windows would render correctly?
update same results using windows version of live code.

Tim

SparkOut

Re: text rendering in windows standalone

Post by SparkOut » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi Tim
I'm not really sure what you mean. I use Windows all the time and the only time I get any font issues is with setting the "formatForPrinting" option, and that is always clear, just that the font metrics mean you get a shift of characters and wrapping between the print layout and screen layout. What was the previous thread? I can have a look if there are any more specifics to check out.

Return to “Windows”