Kernel_Win32_Release.dll

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Frank of Oz

Kernel_Win32_Release.dll

Post by Frank of Oz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:30 am

Hello gurus,

I don't know why this is happening on my PC.

When I start Rev, ver. 2.7 or 2.7.1 I get this message box
"This application has failed to start because Kernel_Win32_Release.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I have deleted Rev 2.7 and 2.7.1 and reinstalled them.
A search on my PC indicates that I do not have this dll on board.

Rev 2.7 or 2.7.1 still start up ok, so there is no problem, just this annoying message.
Anybody have any ideas?

Best regards from DownUnder.
Frank
:)

Lynn P.

Re: Kernel_Win32_Release.dll

Post by Lynn P. » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:57 pm

I'm definately *not* one of the gurus, but a quick Google search turned up someone who had a similar problem. It showed the .dll was related to the Valentina database application working in conjunction with Rev. The suggestion was just to restart their pc, and that worked for them. I hope it's a simple thing like this for you too.
Do you have Valentina currently installed or perhaps an evaluation copy... or did have at one time and was trashed recently?

Lynn P.

Frank of Oz

Kernel_Win32_Release.dll

Post by Frank of Oz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I did have Valentina installed on my PC and I took it off, because the learning curve for it was just too steep for me, besides being far too much for my requirements.

I'll try to find this dll somewhere and put it into the win32 folder, that should (hopefully) fix the problem. Once again, thanks very much.

Best regards from DownUnder
Frank

Return to “Windows”