Rev's A Bit Hungry

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

SirWobbyTheFirst
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Rev's A Bit Hungry

Post by SirWobbyTheFirst » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was working on Revolution and I created a new main stack and I noticed that the laptops fan span up and I checked Process Explorer (Where I would be without this tool. :roll: ) and I noticed Rev was taking up quite a bit of the CPU. When I opened the Properties window for Revs executable I checked the Performance tab and it showed Rev operating at 67 MB and was taking up a good amount of the CPU.

When the main stack suddenly appeared the CPU dropped back to 0, but the memory remained the same. I am hoping to bring this too attention as it might indicate a problem with Rev such as a memory leak. Rev had only been running a few minutes and I hadn't done anything with it (Facebook distracted me. :mrgreen: )

I have attached an image of Process Explorer showing Revs exe and the performance tab. My version of rev is 4.0.0 Build 950 if this is of any use. Sorry if the image is a bit big, Paint aint exactly Photoshop you know.
Attachments
Rev and ProcExp.png
Process Explorer with the Properties window open at the Performance tab for Revolution.
Rev and ProcExp.png (185.68 KiB) Viewed 1771 times

Return to “Windows”