LC crash when saving standalone

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

brotee

LC crash when saving standalone

Post by brotee » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:49 pm

i can't compile my app to windows with LC 8.x version.

i have tried on Windows 7 Windows 10 and on Mac too, its always the same, it's just quit without a single word. If i use my app in LC IDE it works perfectly, except the dictionary which is not working on windows 7.

With 7.x and 9.0 LC saving standalone is working to every platform (IOS, Windows) and 8.x is working perfectly to IOS, but not to windows.

When last time i posted bugs with Proxy Settings OR Serial port settings, i only got answer that i should use 8.x version, well i would. Maybe i should use 9.0 version!? :D

We have payed for this guys, it' just really really annoying.

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: LC crash when saving standalone

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi brotee,

I do not have any problems with LC 8.1.1 when creating Windows or Mac standalones. I suggest you file a bug report at http://quality.livecode.com/. It might be something specific to your stack or something specific to your system that causes the crash. LiveCode should not crash in either case, so this is probably a bug.

Best,
Panos
--

brotee

Post by brotee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:01 am

I have tried on different systems, on windows 7, 10 and on mac too, it's the same on all system.

i've made a video, check it pls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Vk4Tyb8r0

LC crash when "Saving Stackfiles", if i compile to ios it's working with the same stack

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:06 am

Hi Brotee.

Have you tried building a standalone from a simple "Hello World" stack? If this build successfully then it sounds like it could be something specific to your applications stack.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
LiveCode Support Team ~ http://www.livecode.com
--

brotee

Post by brotee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:25 am

Empty stack is working, but i can't find out what casues the problem, cause LC just quit without a single word.

I have tried remove substacks, changed all the settings, removed all inclusions etc..

brotee

Post by brotee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:25 pm

It seems it's working with LC 8.01 but not working with 8.02 and above

with 9.0 DP1 it's working too

brotee

Post by brotee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:12 pm

i got it finally...

i have to cancel all pendingmessages then it's working, it must be a bug i think, before 8.02 there was no problem like this

studawg66

Post by studawg66 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:06 pm

brotee wrote:i got it finally...

i have to cancel all pendingmessages then it's working, it must be a bug i think, before 8.02 there was no problem like this
Can you elaborate on what you did here?
I've had the same issue with the 8.x versions crashing, in some cases crashing before ever completing the standalone app.

Return to “Windows”