Serial port problem

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

brotee

Serial port problem

Post by brotee » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:27 pm

i'm using serial port for thermal printers with these settings: BAUD=9600 PARITY=N DATA=8 STOP=1

in 6.6.5 it was working pretty well, but in 7.x it's not working.

My printing was working for 1 day with 7.x and somehow it changed and i get characters like "?!?:???" on my printer. The port speed in windows was on 9600, and in livecode my serialportsettings was 9600 too, i was trying everything, but was the same all time. I changed windows port settings to 38400 and then back to 9600 and it's working now.

i can set up anything in livecode i mean i can set 9600 or i can set 38400 for baud, it's still working so it seems serialcontrolstrings doesnt do anything. But ok, i would change port settings in windows, but after 1-2 days it'll be the same again.. and i have to change baud to higher value and back to 9600. pretty annoying tbh

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Serial port problem

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:08 pm

I have almost no experience with serial port use myself, but I was talking with a friend about this the other day and he tells me there were some regressions with serial I/O in recent versions. LiveCode v8.0 RC1 is due out very soon, and I would encourage you to try your recipe in that build. If you still see the issue please file a bug report so it can be addressed before that version goes to Stable.
http://quality.livecode.com/
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Windows”