JDK path is none

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

Re: JDK path is none

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

I ran jdk_path.livecode shown below and it came up empty. I put some tags in the code and it was looking for c:\windows\sysnative\reg.exe - which it could not find on my computer

The error was: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

sphere

Post by sphere » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Did you try to reinstall the JDK?
So this will probably write new entries into the registry.

Then select the android/sdk again in the LC preferences and see if it finds it then.

$aa

Post by $aa » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:45 pm

cusingerBUSCw5N wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm
The error was: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
I was able to solve the problem with this script. But at first, he displayed only unrecognized symbols in response to the click. By creating the appropriate paths in the registry and exporting them to the file I generated a reg-file, in which changing the values of the variable and version can point the way for LiveCode to any JDK location. With JDK 16 unpacked on a non-system disk the program easily recognizes it. I'm attaching a reg-file.
Attachments
java_home.zip
Compressed reg-file
(349 Bytes) Downloaded 218 times

LCWilli

Post by LCWilli » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I fought some days to solve the JDK Path none issue. The difficulties appeared when Oracle changed their policy to get JAVA for non commercial users. As a user without an account at Oracle, you get JDK only as a zipped file (named openJDK). After unpacking and storing it on a convenient place you have to setup the mentioned Windows registry entries. In former cases as you got JDK as an executable install file, the installation process itself performed the registry settings properly. For me it was not clear, that LiveCode always looks on registry to find the JDK. Before this knowledge I fought with Windows environment variable JAVA_HOME and never succeed :cry: . I think the importance for registry setting should be mentioned on LiveCode homepage.

$aa

Post by $aa » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 pm

LCWilli wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:10 pm
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I fought some days to solve the JDK Path none issue. The difficulties appeared when Oracle changed their policy to get JAVA for non commercial users. As a user without an account at Oracle, you get JDK only as a zipped file (named openJDK). After unpacking and storing it on a convenient place you have to setup the mentioned Windows registry entries. In former cases as you got JDK as an executable install file, the installation process itself performed the registry settings properly. For me it was not clear, that LiveCode always looks on registry to find the JDK. Before this knowledge I fought with Windows environment variable JAVA_HOME and never succeed :cry: . I think the importance for registry setting should be mentioned on LiveCode homepage.
Better yet if we can set a specific path to JDK folder in IDE settings (as it does on Linux).

Return to “Windows”