Put URL stopped working

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

kolia

Put URL stopped working

Post by kolia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:22 am

Hello,
Of a sudden, on my Windows PC, Put URL no matter what stopped working. Compiled applications that were working stopped working. Same issue under LC dev environment. It returns an empty string. It is not a network issue, since I can access any URL with a regular navigtor. I even reinstalled LC 7.1 CE. Very very strange. On the same LAN it works under MAC OS X, iOS and Android. Any idea?
Thank you
Nicolas
LC 7.1 on Windows 8.1 and on MAC OS 10.10.5 Xcode 6.4 - 7.1

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Put URL stopped working

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am

kolia wrote:Of a sudden, on my Windows PC, Put URL no matter what stopped working. Compiled applications that were working stopped working. Same issue under LC dev environment. It returns an empty string. It is not a network issue, since I can access any URL with a regular navigtor.
What is a "regular navigator", and does that work with the specific URL in question?

All problems can be solved by identifying the differences between the working and non-working states. If the app hasn't changed, something else has.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

kolia

Post by kolia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:07 am

Any Navigator (IE 11, Firefox, Google). http://www.google.fr or any other url don't give any result anymore. As said, even the previous build Windows app don't work anymore. So yes indeed something has changed, the question is what. To me, at this stage, I can't think to something else than LC itself. Or something on this PC that makes a specific LC library failing. I don't have the mean for the time being to test on another PC.
Nicolas

kolia

Post by kolia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:21 am

A while ago, at least a month, I installed Fiddler and this did not bother LC. For some reason, it made LC failing just yesterday. After uninstalling LC is working again.
Nicolas

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Wow, I'm not the only one then! I'm seeing the same error.
I posted this bug
http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16134

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Return to “Windows”