could not generate package manifest

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

visa

could not generate package manifest

Post by visa » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:43 pm

I have installed live code in xp pro sp3 and the jdk and android sdk, I have created AVD and running, In the preferences I have set the Mobile support with android sdk path and it shows the jdk path. I just created a button on the screen and I saved the code and clicked Run in Simulator I get "unable to build app for testing:could not generate package manifest". Anyone can help me I do not know where I am going wrong, Thank you in advance

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: could not generate package manifest

Post by Simon » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:42 pm

I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

visa

Post by visa » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:03 am

Thank you for the reply Simon, I did change my version from 0.0.1 to 1, but no use...

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:10 am

Hi visa,
I think there is another place but I forget the actual message it gives.
In the standalone settings again the identifier cannot contain some characters (I only remember "-" hyphen doesn't work) so just use com.yourcompany.yourapp.
As a matter of fact just leave that page as it is until you get the app on the emulator or a device.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

visa

Post by visa » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 am

Hi Simon,

I had a look in the settings but I could not see anything that has . or any other symbols.

Return to “Windows”