Windows Text Scaling

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

JDR

Windows Text Scaling

Post by JDR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:20 pm

This month it is 6 years since the introduction of Windows Vista and the Windows feature that allows text scaling. It is increasingly more common for Windows 7 & 8 users to run at 125%. I have been doing what others do; catch scaling on boot then notify users the program does not support the feature. This is hardly an elegant workaround and I would like to either over ride the scaling or make it work correctly.

The latest 6.7 release candidate will scale everything in the IDE as 1.0 but not in a standalone. The scaling properties are disabled in Windows. Does anyone know how the IDE stops scaling of windows? For me, this would provide a temporary workaround until scaling is fully implemented.

Also, for some reason the standard Windows fonts do not seem to scale correctly (the source of my problems). Does anyone know if this is just inherent in Microsoft fonts and if everything needs to be changed to another font to avoid the problem.

Bug reports related to this are 13130 & 13899

Return to “Windows”