Minimize to taskbar by clicking app in task bar

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

keyless

Minimize to taskbar by clicking app in task bar

Post by keyless » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 am

It seems you can't minimize a shaped window by clicking on its app name in the task bar. Works fine for regular windows created in rev. Not a huge deal since I've made an obvious minize button in the shaped window, but is there a workaround for this and/or is this a bug that should be reported?

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:22 am

Keyless,

Do the decorations of the window include "minimize"?

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

keyless

Post by keyless » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey Mark,

I am talking about a Shaped window, like the U3 Example in Sample Projects.

I have a minimize button that I created, and that works fine to minimize, but still clicking on the applications name in the Windows taskbar will not minimize (It doesn't minimize when I try with the U3 example either, so try that, you'll see what I mean).

I tried setting the the titlebar to one that has a minimize (even though it won't be visible because this is a shaped window) and it still will not minimized when the program is clicked in the Taskbar. As I said before a regular window stack, works just fine.

keyless

Post by keyless » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:59 am

let me add that you don't get the right click dialog (Cose, Move, maximize, ...etc) in the taskbar for that stacks iconic either.

Return to “Windows”