debugging & field border issues

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cusingerBUSCw5N

debugging & field border issues

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:39 pm

I am deploying my first app on an Android device. The good news is that I can see it on my tablet. The bad news is that all the fields have borders around them (which they do not have in the LiveCode development) - and some other things are off.

1) Is there an easy way to debug this - or do I have to guess, create the standalone, test..... over and over again.... It seems like it would cause someone to go insane.

2) Why do my fields have borders around them? And why do the some of the images that are supposed to have graphic effects with shadows have none...and others have them?

cusingerBUSCw5N

Re: debugging & field border issues

Post by cusingerBUSCw5N » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:00 pm

figured out the field border issue - even though I turned off borders in the object inspector, there were still border width dimensions. Once I set them to 0, the borders disappeared.

That also fixed the shadows.

Still looking for a better way to debug - although under the developer tab, there is a test..and it's better because it automatically loads onto the Android device.

I'll post my other issues separately. Having database problems and problems filling in forms...

Return to “Windows”