Problems with Win standalone created on PowerMac G5

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

ds_tx

Problems with Win standalone created on PowerMac G5

Post by ds_tx » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:04 pm

I just tested a simple standalone ap I built for Windows on a PC running Windows XP, only to observe random glitches.
On one card, the background picture was blank, as was another picture overlaying it.
On all slides, my title text was shrunk really small and barely visible, while the text on other buttons displayed correctly.
What do I look for to correct these problems?
ds_tx

Garrett

Post by Garrett » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 pm

As noted in another thread, not all fonts you find on Mac are on Windows. Try finding a font that is on both systems, such as Arial. Or, pick a font on both systems, and write some code to change the font used in your app to a font that is available on each system.

Code: Select all

if the platform is "MacOS" then
  set the textFont of button "YourButtonHere" to "Copperplate"
end if
if the platform is "Win32" then
  set the textFont of button "YourButtonHere" to "Verdana"
end if
As for images... I would import them into your stack rather than use them outside of the app itself. File paths can be very tricky when dealing with multiple platforms. If you don't have the correct format each time, then one of the platforms will miss out. If you import the images into your stack, then there is no issues with paths.

To import the images, go to the file menu of the Rev IDE;

File > Import As Control > Image File

or

File > Import As Control > All Images In Folder

Once you have the images included in your stack, you can move them to other cards, copy them to other cards, hide them, show them and so on. And when you compile your app to standalone, the images are in the compiled program, so no worries of extra files to mess with when you give the app to someone else.

Hope this helps.

~Garrett

Return to “Windows”