win32 wiimote external. Testers Required

Are you developing an External using the LiveCode Externals SDK?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

n.allan
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

win32 wiimote external. Testers Required

Post by n.allan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello All,

I have written a couple of Win32 only externals that require testing by a few mugs. I would like suggestions on how to proceed, make them easier to use etc...

The main one is extWiimote: A Wiimote External Wraps the wiiuse api, Fairly complete, Connects and sends messages to the rev engine with button presses, accelerometer info, Get/Set LED/Rumble, IR Cursor etc... No Mii Data read/write/speaker support.

Any interested parties can pm me. Candidates would ideally have Bluetooth enabled Win32 PC, Wiiimote(s) (up to 4 of them), Infrared sensor bar, Guitar Hero 3 Controller, Classic Controller, Nunchuck, Good knowledge rev.

Anyone with knowledge of MacOSX bluetooth api would be welcomed to help the wiiuse api support OSX as it currently does not. The wrapper could be made cross platform also as there is no specific "win32 only" api calls.

This will not be made publicly available until I make sure that I am not breaking any Licences etc... GPL, LGPL Whatever, but I see no point in holding back on basic private testing to get things going.

There is no intention to ever charge for it btw, I just want it to be OK for everyday use.

BvG

Re: win32 wiimote external. Testers Required

Post by BvG » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm

ooh thi ^s is way cool.. too bad in don't have any gaming console...
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

xfratboy

Post by xfratboy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:22 am

Just ran across this thread. Did you ever get anywhere with writing an external to communicate with a Wii remote? I'm interested in something like this and would like to visit with you if you're interested.

n.allan

Post by n.allan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 am

It's ready to try if you want. The pairing issue in windows is a bit of a pain but yes it seems to work fine. That why I need someone else to test it. It works on my pcs but may not on anyone else's

xfratboy

Post by xfratboy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:14 pm

send it my way. xfratboy at gmail . com

Return to “Building Externals”