Text to Speech external for Android.

Are you developing an External using the LiveCode Externals SDK?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

lodijoe

Text to Speech external for Android.

Post by lodijoe » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 am

I recently asked for a Text to Speech external for Android in the future Requests Section. There were 260 views but only a couple of replies.
If you agree or don't agree with me that LiveCode Android needs a text to speech external like Livecode IOS, then please reply to this request with your opinion so some genius will see the need or not see the need to develop one.

codesaces

Re: Text to Speech external for Android.

Post by codesaces » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:45 am

Open Settings. . ...
Scroll down and tap Accessibility. . ...
Tap Text-to-speech output. It's above the "Display" section on the page.
Select a TTS engine. If your phone manufacturer provides their own Text-to-speech engine, you'll see more than one option available. ...
Tap. . ...
Tap Install voice data. ...
Select your language. ...
Tap..
Regards

bogs

Re: Text to Speech external for Android.

Post by bogs » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 pm

lodijoe wrote:
Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:00 am
I recently asked for a Text to Speech external for Android in the future Requests Section. There were 260 views but only a couple of replies.
Heya lodijoe,

The number of reviews of a topic and the number of replies are often skewed, and aren't a reliable gauge for any kind relationship for a topic *other*
than exactly that, the number of reviews your topic got, and how many people replied.

There are a number of reasons for this phenomena, such as -
- visitors who read every post because they have an interest in general but who never post or sign up to be members of the forum itself (often called 'lurkers', 'ghosts', or in the case of the forum itself, 'guests' :wink: ).
aPic_ForumGuests.png
Ghostly guests....
aPic_ForumGuests.png (12.81 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
- actual forum members who read every post, regardless of whether they can reply or not. I myself don't do any kind of development for mobile, but I do still read each and every topic as time permits because sometimes I can contribute to them regardless. Your post I would have had no appropriate response for, since I have no knowledge of how things work on mobile platforms.
- other reasons may include people who don't understand the topic, don't have an interest either way, don't have time to respond and then loose track of the topic, etc etc etc.

The best way I know of to get the maximum responses to a question topic, such as "Should There be a Text to Speech external for Android?" would be to post it as a poll topic, where, if people are interested they can simply click a poll button to participate and leave a comment if desired.

Of course, I have no way of gauging the accuracy of codesaces instructions, but if correct, it appears that there is a way to do what your looking for.

Good luck :D

Return to “Building Externals”