Need external wrapper for Un4seen BASS lib

Are you developing an External using the LiveCode Externals SDK?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

emdalton
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Need external wrapper for Un4seen BASS lib

Post by emdalton » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 am

There is an audio package that I would like to be able to use from within Livecode. It is available for all the main platforms Livecode supports, and is free for non-commercial use, with what I think is a reasonable fee for shareware or low-cost commercial use. The package is here:

http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html

I have tried downloading the Livecode external SDK and looking through it, but my C skills are a bit rusty and I've never programmed in C++ before. The function I need is to be able to detect and return the pitch of a tone from audio input, but many people have posted requests for audio control and manipulation that I think this package could serve. While each Livecode author would need to obtain their own license from Un4seen for the library, I think it should be possible to write and distribute the External wrapper legally (I asked the folks at Un4seen about this), especially if it could use the dll instead of compiling the library itself into the External.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me with this? I need to keep expenses on the project fairly low, but I'm not asking anyone to do it for free. The library seems fairly well documented in the header file, so it probably wouldn't take a decent programmer very long to put a wrapper around it. If anyone is interested, please PM me with an estimated cost.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Return to “Building Externals”