ANN: "iTunes Library Suite" Lazy River Software re

Are you developing tools to extend the LiveCode environment? This is the place to talk about the nuts and bolts of extending our nuts and bolts. If you want to use a LiveCode or third party Environment extension, visit the Using Evironment Extensions forum.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

mcgrath3
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

ANN: "iTunes Library Suite" Lazy River Software re

Post by mcgrath3 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Lazy River Software
My name is Thomas J McGrath III and I am the owner of Lazy River Software and I am pleased to provide to you the Revolution programmer this library "the iTunes Library Suite" (libITS) under the "MIT license". See License under the Directions tab in the left window of the documentation stack libITSDocs.

How to use this library

libITS is a library stack of cross platform commands and functions for use in interacting with iTunes. It can be used to create simple or complex music player applications as well as control the iTunes application itself. On Macintosh computers the library uses Applescript commands and on Windows it uses VBScript commands and the iTunes COM Interface.

The stack (libITSDocs) is the Documentation stack for the library stack (libITS). It contains explanations for each item and is also more like a Lab where you can interact with the various commands and functions. When this stack is first opened it starts using the actual library stack "libITS" and contains links to a few sample player stacks.

The best way to learn how to use the iTunes Library Suite ("libITS") is to launch iTunes with your favorite playlist selected and arrange the iTunes window side by side with the libITSDocs stack. Then use the "Commands and Functions" pane to the left of the window and select the drop down arrow for the group of commands or functions that you are interested in learning about.

This is a V1.0 release but has been tested on Macintosh OSX and Windows XP and with Revolution 2.6 through 3.0. There are a lot of commands and functions found in the iTunes Library Suite and one item is still not functioning on Windows for retrieving the album image but the OSX version will work.

Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html

The entire package can be downloaded directly here:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/libITSPackage.zip

Why am I releasing the iTunes Library Suite for FREE?
For two reasons really, the first is that this community has helped me so much over the past few years that I wanted to give something back and the second reason is that I built this library so that I could develop another product that I plan to sell and so it seemed to me that this would allow for some really good Karma if I gave this part away for free.

I hope you will download and enjoy this library as I have put a few hundred hours into it's development.

Thank you so very much for all you have given me,

Warm wishes,

Tom McGrath

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath@comcast.net

Lazy River Software
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com
Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath@comcast.net

Return to “Making IDE Plugins”