Extensions?

Are you developing tools to extend the LiveCode environment? This is the place to talk about the nuts and bolts of extending our nuts and bolts. If you want to use a LiveCode or third party Environment extension, visit the Using Evironment Extensions forum.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dmash

Extensions?

Post by dmash » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:52 am

Has anyone out there (outside of the company) actually created an extension for Revolution? I tried following the tutorial with no luck and haven't been able to get real technical support from RunRev without paying for consulting/support. I don't think a registered user should have to pay for support when the step-by-step tutorial doesn't work as advertised.

The tutorial is missing information and while admittedly it is a difficult proposition to create a single tutorial for both Mac and Windows with many OS and Revolution version changes since its creation, it seems to be full of errors and is of little help in actually getting started - Even the most basic project doesn't work even if you follow the steps exactly as written.

Part of the allure of the product is the promise of extensibility, but I wonder if it really is. I would really like to hear from any user that has successfully created an extension!

Thanks,
David

Return to “Making IDE Plugins”