GLXFramework auto update in app

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

mcgrath3
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

GLXFramework auto update in app

Post by mcgrath3 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:02 am

I need to incorporate an auto check for updates into a new product of mine. I downloaded GLXFramework and went through the tutorial screencasts.

I ran into two big problems - Undo Redo causes the debugger window to open on a do statement in the framework (copied the scripts from the tutorial) and Loading externals causes a crash. I think it is revBrowser bundle or dll. I had to throw out and rebuild about five times before giving up on these.

I finally built a GLX app without these two features and finally got to the auto updating and it requires changing my Livecode engine but refers to Revolution and not Livecode. Since the previous two do not work I am very worried about making this change as it will change my Livecode app as well.

So my question is has anyone built the auto update feature from GLX in the latest build of Livecode?

Any help or suggestions or walkthroughs for this?

Thanks

Tom
Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath@comcast.net

nicoloose

Re: GLXFramework auto update in app

Post by nicoloose » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:15 am

Hi Tom,

Did you ever get any help on this topic? I am battling to get this glxApp framework to work for me. Did you come across any meaningful walkthroughs and if so can you pass them on?

Cheers
Nic

Return to “Using Externals”