Altbrowser, pdf's, OSX Does it work?

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Altbrowser, pdf's, OSX Does it work?

Post by Simon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Hi,
I'm using altbrowser to render pdf's, works well on the Windows side but I'm getting absolutely nothing from the Mac. Even with the Adobe Reader plugin.
Anybody have any ideas on how to display a pdf's on a Mac in a Revolution app?

Thanks,
Simon

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi Simon,

You should be able to use altBrowser to render PDF's on Mac OS X. I don't use Safari myself, but I believe it can display PDF's without plugin. You could try install a plugin to be sure.

If you can't get it to work, don't despair. You can set the filename of a movie player object to the path to a PDF file. So, you may not have all the features you want, but you can still display it.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Simon

Post by Simon » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:15 pm

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply.

I'd still like to know if anybody has code to get altBrowser to render pdfs on a Mac.
The altBrowser download page is pretty specific in saying it will work, but how?

Simon

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:31 am

I know that QuickTime Player object can display PDF's just load the pdf just as you would any other file into the player.

-ob

Return to “Using Externals”