iOS Deployment Pack - need help with a few things

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

moonmonkey

iOS Deployment Pack - need help with a few things

Post by moonmonkey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:13 pm

HI, I hope this is the right place to post this, please move if needed.

I'm building a project using Livecode for iPad deployment having a few issues with a simple game I am building. I realise LiveCode for iOS Deployment Pack is in development, so im just putting this out there so anyone with more experience (or brains) than me can help me out. As it stands some of the issues are real roadblocks and i'm unsure if its me or livecode!

General issues (i'm new with livecode):

1) Livecode seems to be remembering and storing up multiple clicks, is there anyway to tell Livecode to ignore clicks until a certain criteria is achieved?

2) Are there any general tips for increasing the speed of projects (ie is it faster to store things in variables than fields etc...)?

iOS deployment issues:

1) "on idle" does not seem to work on the iOS? - I need to check for the device being rotated and assumed "on idle" would be the way to check, but it doesn't seem to work when deployed on the iOS - any ideas?

2) Animation - rotate and angle on images and graphics seems to be really slow on the iOS… - not sure if this will change?

3) "Wait with messages" seems to block clicks (ie just wait) when on the iOS? so while its waiting its blocking clicks to buttons I need to be clickable! - any ideas?

4) Are there any general tips for reducing the filesize of iOS distributions?

Any help would be gratefully received.

EDIT: I seem to have posted this in an unused portion of the forums so will re post it in the beginners section.

Return to “Using Externals”