Valentina ADK for Mac 64 Bit Available

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Lynn

Valentina ADK for Mac 64 Bit Available

Post by Lynn » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:19 pm

A number of LiveCode users have asked us about 64 bit versions of Valentina ADKs and the MacOS one is now available.

Valentina DB ADK allows LiveCode users to build in our Valentina DB database runtime. Valentina DB is a high level, ultra fast database system.

Valentina Reports ADK incorporates our multi-platform reporting system into applications. This works with most popular databases, including our own Valentina DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and SQLite.

Both components are included in a single installer.

The 'client' portion of the ADKs are also available for free with Valentina Server. This is the component that allows your LiveCode app to interact with Valentina Server, a 3-in-1 solution that includes: Valentina Reports Server, Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. So, for example, you could run database queries on Valentina Server, or tell Valentina Server to generate a report and email it to a customer base, and the like.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

cbarbal

Re: Valentina ADK for Mac 64 Bit Available

Post by cbarbal » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Hello,

I am following the instructions of the video "Installing Valentina for LiveCode ADK on Mac OS X". I have been following all the steps and when I get to "Check connection using LOG", when debugging the script in "put VDatabase_Constructor (" 127.0.0.1 "," sa "," sa "), hang the LiveCode. Tested four times.

Code: Select all

on mouseUp

get Valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024  )

-- Open conexion
   put VDatabase_Constructor("127.0.0.1", "sa", "sa")
   put VDatabase_Open(tConexion)

-- Close conexion
   put VDatabase_Close(tConexion)
   get Valentina_ShutDownClient
end mouseUp
Valentina Studio and Server 8.5.5, Livecode 9.0.1. MacOS 10.12.6.

Regards,

Carles

Lynn

Re: Valentina ADK for Mac 64 Bit Available

Post by Lynn » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Sorry, I didn't get an update that there was a reply to this.

Please ask over on our forum. One of our engineers would be happy to address your question.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Return to “Using Externals”