MergMK Help

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

TheBlackKnight

MergMK Help

Post by TheBlackKnight » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Hello,
Sorry this may seem like a dumb question, I'm relatively new to Livecode and am trying to make an app that involves a map, and I plan on using the mergMK extension.
I have looked at the mergext website for help, but it doesn't really explain how to create the map, which is my main problem.
If someone could show me some example code to get me started or explain it to me, that would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: MergMK Help

Post by Dixie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 pm

In the mergMK folder there is a document that explains all the commands used by mergMK to create a map...

TheBlackKnight

Post by TheBlackKnight » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:53 am

Yes I read this, and tried to understand it, however when I tried the example code/ my own code to create the map it did not work at all.
My code was:

command mergMKCreate

mergMKSet "rect", the rect of graphic "map"
mergMKSet "visible", true

map is just a rectangle named "map"
I am not great with commands yet, so this is where I probably went wrong or just the whole script is wrong :(
Thanks for replying and for any help!

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:53 am

There is a stack attached that will display a map using mergMK... that should get you going.. don't forget to select mergMK in 'inclusions' from withing the standalone settings... scripts are in the stack and the card...

dixie
Attachments
maptest.livecode.zip
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 481 times

TheBlackKnight

Post by TheBlackKnight » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi Dixie,

Thank you so much for the example code! I really appreciate it, I think I understand the general idea now.
However, the map still isn't appearing on the card. Every time I open the file you sent, it comes up with an error saying that it couldn't find the handler
mergMKCreate.
I think this is because it's not installed properly. I went to the inclusions tab and selected mergMK like you said to do, but that didn't work either. I also put the mergMK.lcext file in the copy files pane; that's what it said to do in the how to file.

If you have any ideas on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:57 am

I think that what you are doing is opening the stack on the desktop and expecting it to run... open the stack in the simulator or on your iPhone.. :-)

dixie

TheBlackKnight

Post by TheBlackKnight » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi Dixie

Thanks for all your help so far,I really appreciate it. So when i run the code in the simulator, it first comes up with an error saying that "Could not find appropriate build of external" (then it says the location of the lcext file, which i put in the copy files pane)

It also comes up with "Could not find appropriate build of external '/Applications/LiveCode Community 8.1.1.app/Contents/Tools/Ext/mergMK-2.1.5/mergMK.lcext' for Simulator-10_0" - Thats where i also put the lcext file, basically its inside the livecode application package contents.

So i think the problem is the installation. I obviously installed the whole thing wrong haha. I selected it from the inclusions pane, put the lcext in the copy files pane, and put the lcext in the package contents of the main folder.

Any help with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UKMC

Post by UKMC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:59 pm

My thanks for the example as well.
Great function !!

I just tried to test on Android and found that it did not work.
Am I doing something wrong or is mergMK just iOS-only ?

If yes (and I do not hope so - cross fingers), is there an Android equivalent ?

Best regards

Ulrich

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:13 pm

UKMC...

mergMK is iOS only :-(

dixie

UKMC

Post by UKMC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:38 pm

In another post I read that the mergExt-Suite is available as beta for Android for "full users" which are registrated.
Do you know about this ?

TheBlackKnight

Post by TheBlackKnight » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi UKMC,

Just wondering did your map come up in live code, or did you have to test it using the simulator?

My map doesn't show up either way...

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:27 pm

TheBlackKnight..

You have to run mergMK in the simulator.

dixie

TheBlackKnight

Post by TheBlackKnight » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:25 pm

That's what I've been trying to do... However when i try to click the test button to run the simulator it comes up with a message saying "iOS Simulator 10.0" and it doesn't run. Any idea whats wrong here? Thanks

Return to “Using Externals”