mergDataGridScroller - Multiple Wrappers in One Stack

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Gage
Livecode Opensource Backer

mergDataGridScroller - Multiple Wrappers in One Stack

Post by Gage » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi,

I am using the mergDataGridScroller DropTool to enable my app to have DGs that scroll on touch when deployed to mobile devices. I am currently testing it out on an app that has around ten DGs in it, and I found that when I wrapped two of them with the mergDataGridScroller DropTool, one of them worked only the first time I was on that DG's card, and not at all after.

I was wondering if it had to do with the same substack or behavior script button being used for both the mergDataGridScroller groups? I did try renaming the second group to grp "mergDataGridScroller 2" instead of the default grp "mergDataGridScroller 1", but this didn't behave any differently.

Just wondering if there are any hang-ups caused by using more than one instance of the mDGS in a given stack (only one instance per card, maximum), or if there are any things I should look out for that might be causing all instances after the first not to scroll on touch when deployed.

Thanks!
Phil

Gage

Re: mergDataGridScroller - Multiple Wrappers in One Stack

Post by Gage » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:11 am

So, upon further analysis of the problem, I've learned that the first DG does touch-scroll pretty much every time without issue. The second one, however, ONLY does touch-scrolling the second time I open the card containing that DG. Not the first time, and not any time after that.

For what it's worth, I also made a version of the app where only the latter DG had the mergDataGridScroller DropTool implemented on it, and even though it was the only DG in the stack with the mDGS used on it, it still behaved the same as before (in other words, it only touch-scrolls correctly the SECOND time that card is opened, and it does not work any other time the card is opened).

Very mystified. Need a teddy bear. Or some help :P

Phil E.

Return to “Using Externals”