Automatic Caller

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jsburnett
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Automatic Caller

Post by jsburnett » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:39 pm

Hi. I am looking for a way to creat a way to call a list of phone numbers with a prerecorded message. Is this possible? Is it possible to have the caller interact with a program so as, for example, choose between recordings or answer simple questions and then choose between recordings?
Thanks.

jsburnett

Re: Automatic Caller

Post by jsburnett » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Still looking for any ideas on this topic?
Thanks.

dcope

Post by dcope » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 am

jsburnett wrote:Still looking for any ideas on this topic?
Thanks.
You are a very patient person. :D

To call out I would use DTMF tones. You would need to detect pickup by the callee before you play your message.
I suspect some form of hardware interface to a telephone modem might be required to detect the telephone line state (busy, pick-up etc).

I hope your not designing the equivalent of telephone junk mail. :shock:

Kind Regards, David.

shaosean

Post by shaosean » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Some places using an automated dialer and/or automated messaging system is illegal so make sure to check all applicable laws..

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:01 am

Still looking for any ideas on this topic?
Thanks.
I have a possible solution. Please enter your phone number here so that we can try it out.

witeowl

Post by witeowl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:25 am

For those assuming the worst, here is a view from someone who prefers to assume the best: There are appropriate uses for tools like this, such as the system our school district uses to contact parents with important information. It's used for anything from announcing snow days to PTA meetings, and was even used recently to inform and reassure parents about a situation which brought the fire department to a school but was ultimately a non-issue.

Just sayin'. :wink:

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:37 pm

witeowl-

Thanks for the alternate perspective. Always good to hear from someone who assumes the glass is half full <g>. And I admit that scenario is one that hadn't occurred to me.

WaltBrown

Post by WaltBrown » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:46 am

js,

I haven't seen any LC specific phone apps, but you can search for things like "predictive dialer", "ACD" or "automatic call director", "IVR" or "interactive voice response", "CTI" or "computer telephony integration" on line to find examples. There are also telephony toolkits, but most use some form of additional hardware beyond a "standard" computer modem. A few PC modems do have some kind of speech band capability, but usually not much beyond DTMF detection and generation (although my original Mac 512 was able to handle voice in/out and text to speech of a kind - my second zero-revenue-producing shareware HyperCard app was an IVR/ACD :-)).

If you are investing in making a telephony system, there are quite a few computer accessory cards available in many sizes and flavors, from single line cards up to quad spans with 120 channels of digital telephony on board. Search on "telephony cards" or "voice boards" to find them. Many are on the market used and no longer supported by the vendors but their drivers, interfaces, and utility apps are usually discoverable online. Those that are still supported usually have free or low cost utility software packages to program against.

There are also a number of "Telephony Appliances" available, which are typically low cost embedded PCs with some number of channels and a simple (or not so simple) programming toolkit on top, usually locally accessed over a LAN.

Some terms to look for in the open source arena include "VoiceXML", "Asterisk", "GNU Bayonne", "CAPI". One I was involved with some time ago is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/commsvcfw/ (although it hasn't been updated since the 2006 "6000 man march", it was the core of over 100 commercial telephony voice systems...).

On the Web app front (of which I am less familiar) I would bet you could find a few. I found this on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_p ... _framework.

If you need any help with a telephony app, drop me a line. Although I haven't seen any recent LC apps for telephony, creating one at the scale you desctibe wouldn't pose any major technical hurdles.

Walt

Hmm, there's an idea, an LC phone demo. I can hear it now, Ring, Ring, "Hello?", "Hello mwieder, in just a moment you'll hear about a fantastic new offer from ahSoftware..."
Walt Brown
Omnis traductor traditor

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:57 pm

<g>

jimm11

Post by jimm11 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:43 pm

If you are looking automatic dialer for your mobile you may go to "My Sales Dialer". it is an android mobile based app which automatically dials the list of spread sheet uploaded by you. Its price on android market is $9.99 only. I haven't used it yet, but it looks good.

jimm11

Post by jimm11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:49 am

Automatic caller/ power dialer "My Sales dialer" is available free on android market...
I appreciate developer for this action...
Have a look on the app for FREE at android market

Return to “Using Externals”