LC domain for sale: livecodeworld.com

This is the place to offer or seek development services - offer to build apps for others or find a developer to work for you

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

LC domain for sale: livecodeworld.com

Post by FourthWorld » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:53 pm

I had two extra LC-related domains, one of them sold quickly to a member of our community, and I have one remaining:

livecodeworld.com

I'd taken out the domain with the vision of using it to replace livecodejournal.com, but for SEO reasons I've decided to build out going forward on that older domain instead.

If there are no takers here I'll see if someone outside the LC community wants it. "Live coding" and "#livecode" are popular terms for the practice of coding live for a streaming audience.

But like the other domain I'd sold a few weeks ago, I wanted to make this available to the LC community first.

If interested the domain is listed at AfterNIC.com, and I'd be happy to discuss favorable pricing if you have a community-oriented use in mind.

We did the last domain sale with a trusted community member, so we were able to streamline quick transfer. I would do the same with just about any member of this forum.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

PaulDaMacMan

Re: LC domain for sale: livecodeworld.com

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:32 am

FourthWorld wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:53 pm
If there are no takers here I'll see if someone outside the LC community wants it. "Live coding" and "#livecode" are popular terms for the practice of coding live for a streaming audience.
The term live-coding was (still is?) also used by live algorithmic composers, like multimedia performances (Max MSP, PureData/Pd, etc). Not sure if that's still a common use for that term, or if it could help you find a potential buyer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_(software)
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:53 am

Thanks, Paul. I'd alluded to that earlier, and where I'll he promoting this domain if I don't find a taker in our community. Would like to keep it "in the family" if I can.
Richard Gaskin

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:58 am

A poisonous character hereabouts might point out that like communities and families worldwide, any 'community' or 'family' round these parts may be fractured in some unfortunate and unproductive fashion.

Certainly I would question why any ex-community version 'adherents' would want a livecode.com website.

Part of my 'problem' is how, when I have an educator 'thang' assembled, and write something for the 'Hello World' magazine is exactly to which URL I would direct readers.

This is a bit like the situation with Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice, as there is now quite some divergence between them.

By way of demonstration try saying 'Chiffer-robe' to someone in England. 8)

stam

Post by stam » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:32 pm

FourthWorld wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:53 am
Thanks, Paul. I'd alluded to that earlier, and where I'll he promoting this domain if I don't find a taker in our community. Would like to keep it "in the family" if I can.
Laudable goal, but the URL suggests active maintenance/updates/etc which I suspect few actually have the time to do; or those that do have time on their hands have no interest or know-how to do.

I don't think 'fractured communities' is a) a valid description or b) a problem for maintaining a site like this.
But to do it justice (and set it up so it wasn't just a moneysink) it would need active person/team to maintain, so suspect there won't be much ask for that...

Still, if someone did pick this up and maintained it as I imagine the URL suggests they should, I would be a frequent visitor ;)

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:57 pm

No, you may be right, 'fractured' may not be the correct term as about 90% of the Community users and contributors to these forums have vanished into thin air and are NOT contributing 'on the dark side' either.

This is a great pity, whichever way you cut your cards ('fractured' or 'vanished'), the more people contributing ideas the better.

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:42 pm

stam wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:32 pm
FourthWorld wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:53 am
Laudable goal, but the URL suggests active maintenance/updates/etc which I suspect few actually have the time to do; or those that do have time on their hands have no interest or know-how to do.

I don't think 'fractured communities' is a) a valid description or b) a problem for maintaining a site like this.
But to do it justice (and set it up so it wasn't just a moneysink) it would need active person/team to maintain, so suspect there won't be much ask for that...
Third-party sites can have a wonderfully symbiotic effect with a well-marketed product. LiveCode used to have many.
Still, if someone did pick this up and maintained it as I imagine the URL suggests they should, I would be a frequent visitor ;)
One of my winter projects is to rebuild the LiveCodeJournal.com site. I'll drop notice in these forums when the relaunch happens.
Richard Gaskin

Return to “Developer Services Marketplace”