Developer assistance needed

This is the place to offer or seek development services - offer to build apps for others or find a developer to work for you

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Developer assistance needed

Postby Anada » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi,

I am a linguist and occasional Livecode programmer.
I have an Indy license and use the Livecode web hosting service.

I have written an application that converts phonetic text directly into sound by playing in succession an audio clip associated with each phonetic character. It works quite well but it functions by waiting until each sound is played before playing the next one.

Firstly, I am considering changing my app by having it concatenate the audio clips into chunks then playing the resulting chunks. Possibly, I could do this by having an extension made with C or Javascript. Maybe something like the Javascript routine "audioconcat".

Secondly, I am considering making my application web-based with HTML5 but I don't have a license for doing that.

I am looking for a developer who could assist me with doing there two things, for a fee. I look forward to any suggestions.

Best regards,
Simon Vickers
Anada

Re: Developer assistance needed

Postby [-hh] » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:27 am

Audioconcat is a GUI for using ffmpeg. You don't need that. You have already such a GUI in LC when doing:

1a. download and install ffmpeg
1b. get shell("ffmpeg -i "concat:audio1.mp3|audio2.mp3" -acodec copy out.mp3)

Or, even better, you can do that perfectly using Audacity (there are even videos explaining that).

2. You don't need a license for developing a HTML5 standalone. The license is for deploying with protected code (if wished, just as you can do that for a desktop/mobile standalone with your Indy license).
shiftLock happens
[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Membership

Return to Developer Services Marketplace