a bug in livecode 8.0.1

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

dimen426GA1Hmj

a bug in livecode 8.0.1

Post by dimen426GA1Hmj » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Haven't quite figured out how to recreate the bug but my code was perfect but for some reason if I run the code I get an error on the scripts. When I cut the same scripts shut the stack and paste the exact scripts it works! I feel like pressing the enter button on the number pad has something to do with it...

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: a bug in livecode 8.0.1

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:31 pm

"the code" could be an infinite variety of possibilities. Can you post the code that throws the error, along with the error message you're getting?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

dimen426GA1Hmj

Post by dimen426GA1Hmj » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:40 pm

I think I have reproduced the bug..
when I enter..

on mouseUp
percentPressed
end mouseUp

on the % button it works fine if I hit apply and run the program
I try to do the same on the toggle button by cutting and pasting the script from the % button

on mouseUp
percentPressed
end mouseUp

then I "accidentally" hit the "enter" key on my NUMERIC PAD(instead of "apply"), the script editor disappears (sometimes)
If I try to run this code I get an error "button "toggle"; execution error at line 2 (Handler: can't find handler) near "percentPressed", char 1
no matter how many times I tried to retype I will get this error
to fix it I have to copy the script from the % button and paste it on the toggle button and hit apply to make it work correctly

this doesn't seem to happen when I hit enter on the alphanumeric pad

I have an alienware 17 with a alphanumeric and numeric pad combined keyboard

dimen426GA1Hmj

Post by dimen426GA1Hmj » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm

1.this "bug" while trying to learn the Calculator app
2.I know the command script on the stack card is good because it works properly on the % button
3.after "accidentally" pressing the "enter" button, even if I enter the code properly and hit the "apply" button properly I will always get that error
4.if I execute another script such as "answer "test"" on the toggle button it works fine
5.if I enter the script to execute the percentPressed on mouseUp then I will get an error again even if I hit the "apply" button
6.if I copy the script from the % button and paste it on the script of the toggle button and hit "apply" then it works properly

Return to “Calculator”