Testing in 9.0.1

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

GregWills

Testing in 9.0.1

Post by GregWills » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:04 am

Hi All

Has anyone had problems with testing HTML5 in 9.0.1?

I have a stack that I wanted to improve the appearance of the text when seen in a browser. I read that a font issue had been resolved in LiveCode 9.0.1 RC-1, so downloaded LiveCode 9.0.1 STABLE to see if that would assist the appearance of text in the browser.

When I tested the stack in the “Development” menu, I received an “Exception thrown, see JavaScript console” message.

I then downloaded LiveCode 9.0.1 RC-1 to see if this worked. Same result.

This does not occur when I use LiveCode 9.0.0.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Greg

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Testing in 9.0.1

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello Greg,

This sounds like a bug. Could you please file a bug report at quality.livecode.com and attach a sample stack that demonstrates the problem?

Kind regards,
Panos
--

GregWills

Post by GregWills » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:36 am

Hi Panos

I’m trying to create a stack to demonstrate this problem to file a bug report, however I'm having trouble narrowing it down. When I build a fresh stack in Indy LiveCode 9.0.1 the problem is not there. When I test a fresh stack built in Indy LiveCode 9.0.0 and tested in Indy LiveCode 9.0.1, the problem is not there.

When I eliminate cards from my offending stack (built in Indy LiveCode 9.0.0), I get mixed results. When I remove cards from the stack, the problem is there, but some combinations of deleted cards removes the problem.

I will continue to try to create a stack for you to test, however in the mean time, here are the messages received when the “Exception thrown, see JavaScript console” message is received in the browser. It might give you a clue as to what is going on. (The offending stack was re-named “BugCatcher” so I could delete pages.)

“Invalid function pointer called with signature 'ii'. Perhaps this is an invalid value (e.g. caused by calling a virtual method on a NULL pointer)? Or calling a function with an incorrect type, which will fail? (it is worth building your source files with -Werror (warnings are errors), as warnings can indicate undefined behavior which can cause this)
BugCatcher - err #3
Build with ASSERTIONS=2 for more info.
BugCatcher - out #4
BugCatcher - err #5
9”

As I deleted more cards, this message was shown in the Message box:

“BugCatcher - pageload
BugCatcher
BugCatcher
BugCatcher - err #3
Build with ASSERTIONS=2 for more info.
BugCatcher - out #4
BugCatcher - err #5
9”

Deleted another card and received this message - but the program loaded in the browser.

“BugCatcher - pageload
BugCatcher - err #1
pre-main prep time: 34 ms
BugCatcher”

Regards

Greg

GregWills

Post by GregWills » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:18 am

Hi All

After spending lots of time deleting sections of my original stack, I discovered that when the stack is larger than 1mb, the “Exception thrown, see JavaScript console” message is received in the browser when it is tested.

Bug report submitted.

cheers

Greg

GregWills

Post by GregWills » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Now fixed in LiveCode 9.0.2 RC-1.

Thanks Panos and the team.

cheers

Greg

Return to “HTML5”