HTML5 build and Wix

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

GregWills

HTML5 build and Wix

Post by GregWills » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 am

Hi Everyone

A question regarding using a html5 build in the web development program called Wix.

I have a number of training programs written in LiveCode that have been installed in a website that is managed by a company. Therefore I have not been involved in installing these programs into the site.

I have my own website (www.artofmemorycoaching.com) built in Wix and would like to add some memory training software I have written. My question is, does anyone know if a LiveCode HTML5 program can be installed into a Wix created website?

Many thanks.

Greg Wills

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: HTML5 build and Wix

Post by [-hh] » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:53 am

HTML5 standalones can be embedded into any webpage if you have access to the source of that page (and a server for your standalone). See
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.ph ... 95#p131095

Simply add from there the appropriately changed part
<div><!--Don't change start !-->
</div><!--Don't change stop !-->
to your page.
shiftLock happens

GregWills

Post by GregWills » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 am

Thanks Hermann for your reply.

I’ve read through the HTML5 Deployment guides and used your code and pasted it into a ‘Code’ element in my ‘Wix site’. I did get a result - of the text in the html code - but nothing else.

As you can tell, this is foreign to me, but it is obvious that I am missing something. Quite a lot really … no program. I’m not sure where the file “standalone-commercial-8.1.6-rc-2.js” is placed for the code to locate it. You wrote "(and a server for your standalone)". I guess this won’t be/ can't be Wix.

It also may not be possible for this to occur in Wix as they expect https code to be used.

If it can be done I would like to persist: any assistance will be appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

bogs

Post by bogs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:55 am

GregWills wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 am
"(and a server for your standalone)". I guess this won’t be/ can't be Wix.
It would depend on what permissions Wix gives you on your uploading of files. A 'server' is a computer set up to "serve" files when requested, however there are different levels of access. Wix is giving you permission I assume to upload html content, certainly, and they are 'hosting' it as your 'server' (for that content).

I haven't touched web stuff in a long time, back in the olden days, you were often hosted directly through your ISP, or you had the ability to take a system in your house and make it a server, where you had full control. I know after some years, the amount of control you had was gradually drawn down from the hosted side, and I am pretty sure Wix will be like that.

*Edit - I should have mentioned that the above pertains to the U.S., and might not apply for hosting in various other countries.
Last edited by bogs on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[-hh]

Post by [-hh] » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Your standalone.js and standalone.html.mem (in sum > 30 MByte varying with the LC version) are optimally in the same folder as your html page.

If serving isn't possible with you, you could ask here:
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28241
shiftLock happens

GregWills

Post by GregWills » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:22 am

Thank you for your replies. I've decided that I will use a bit of space that I have with my service provider to house the app and link to it from Wix. Not ideal, but it doesn't seem to be a perfect world!! ;-) I'll see how I go playing with a bit of html to knock up a test site.

Cheers

Greg

Return to “HTML5”