some btns work strange in HTML5

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sphere

some btns work strange in HTML5

Post by sphere » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi,

while testing i noticed some things:

-The Radio Btns in a group --> when it is filled with an standard icon and an hilite icon then when chosen the hilite flips back to the standard icon, unless you keep the mouse btn down and move some back and forth over the btn, then it might stay hilited

- The Option Menu btn -->when clicking on the tiny dot then the options to choose from are displayed in the upper left of the card (while the menu btn is in the middle) so on a different place then expected, then you seem not able to choose an option by mouse. i had to use the up and down keys of my keyboard and press Return to choose.

Don't know yet for sure if libURLDownloadToFile is really working, or the put url("file:" & tGetFile) into tblabla, or the JSONToArray. AS i do not get the same result as in dev or mobile.
Also not sure if this: if the platform is "HTML5" is really working ok, it did look like it hung. So now i use: if the environment is not "mobile" for this part.

Is there a better option to use instead of the Option Menu btn? Anyone already experience?

Thanks!

sphere

Re: some btns work strange in HTML5

Post by sphere » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:09 pm

Knipsel.PNG
Knipsel.PNG (11.99 KiB) Viewed 5721 times
You see the first Scrolling List Field is the best option.
All the other put the options in the left top corner

The combo box in the middle also places it's options in the left top corner, then when you hover under the actual button, you see the options in the left upper corner light up as if they where hovered, but you can't choose with mouse.

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by [-hh] » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:26 pm

You have to make your own.
Or copy my self-made ones ;-)
shiftLock happens

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi Jerry and Hermann,

Yes, both issues are known bugs, which I think will be resolved soon as part of our effort to improve HTML5 deployment.

Hermann has filed a bug report about the option menu btns: http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16620

and there is also a bug report about radio buttons in a group: http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=20134

You can add your email in the cc list if you want to track changes in their status.

Best,
Panos
--

sphere

Post by sphere » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:40 am

Thanks Hermann and Panos.

Were can i find your test buttons Hermann?

[-hh]

Post by [-hh] » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 pm

See attached a simple stack "buttons-Test" (from Sept 2015, shows properties at right).
To escape from a "hanging" menu button I see only the "reload-page" option.
btnsTest.livecodeHTML5.zip
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
My self-made option menu (an expanding field) is used in most of my HTML5 demos, for example the one labeled "newest" (Test FetchURL, for the source replace "X.html" with ".zip").
shiftLock happens

sphere

Post by sphere » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks!

I looked at your page and some others this morning, looks great and a lot still to be done.
But it is so promising for applications which are great on mobile but also would do great on web.

I could not find fetchURL in the dictionary lc9-dp9 so i thought maybe they mean libURLDownloadtoFile whcih i now use to get some json files.
Which works good on mobile and dev, but i have to check where it's not going ok now.

I will check out your latest.
***edit***-i like your download progressbar :) i also changed some things(simple) in the generated html also according some other posts here and the help from the guide to get a nicer view

Return to “HTML5”