html5 app with built in mail capabilities

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Wally
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

html5 app with built in mail capabilities

Post by Wally » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Assuming we get full networking soon, I want to build an app that can send mail to his/her teacher after a student completes some work. I think the new tsNetSmtpSync function will do it but how to test it seems like quite a task. Write the code, save as html5 app, upload to server, test, get error(s) and then redo over and over till it works? I will be using the onRev servers.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

[-hh]

Re: html5 app with built in mail capabilities

Post by [-hh] » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 am

That would be a very hard way. You could try the following.

++ When using Safari or Firefox you can launch the calling html file directly, no need for a (local) server as with Chrome or Opera.
++ When using a local server build directly into the server path.
++ When you use "do as javascript" test this with a 'normal' stack and a browser widget.

I only upload _final_ versions of standalones to a remote server.
I have scripted everything at home, use a Raspi3 as local server (because I test with all 4 main browsers). When I test I have only two clicks:
Create the standalone, then select from an option menu one of the browsers for launching and watch it launching in that the browser.

It needs some time to come to there and it is dependent on your local scenario but you have that gained back again with only one small HTML5 project.
shiftLock happens

Return to “HTML5”