LiveCode & paint in LCHTML5

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Dixie
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

LiveCode & paint in LCHTML5

Post by Dixie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 am

Wrote a little painting app, well, the start of one as there is still lots to do.. right now I have just got the colours and the ability to 'paint', as it were, in different 'pen sizes'...

I wrote it to run on the iPad and It works well on the iPad... mmm... and the desktop as well, but then curiosity got hold of me and I wondered how well it might work in liveCode HTML 5... mmm... a little sluggish, but hey, it works.. I still remember, as I guess a lot of you do when liveCode had a plugin to run stacks in a web browser... I wonder how long it will be before liveCode HTML5 will be as 'quick' as the 'plugin' used to be ?

I still have to smile though... as it is so easy to forget... that the same stack is running on the desktop, on an iPad and in a browser... :D
Attachments
lcpainthtml5.jpg

Wally
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: LiveCode & paint in LCHTML5

Post by Wally » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:43 pm

I also wonder when HTML5 will run faster AND be able to use remote databases and have other networking capabilities.

It has been 2.5 years since the funding drive for HTML5 and we still don't have a usable platform. Also, we have had little communication as to the progress and the future of HTML5.

Return to “HTML5”