Doc of un-/supported platformspecific standalone features

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

UKMC

Doc of un-/supported platformspecific standalone features

Post by UKMC » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33 am

Hi folks,

within the last days I find out peade by piece which LC-features are supported in every standalone-version (Android, iOS, HTML5).
This is very uncomfortable, time-consuming and last but not least a little bit frustrating.

Does anyone know if there is a complete catalogue to see which features are supported in every standalone-platform-destination ?
And, if yes, where to find it ?

Your answer is very much appreciated

Best regards

Ulrich

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Doc of un-/supported platformspecific standalone feature

Post by jacque » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 pm

I don't see anything quite as easy as the LC 7 dictionary, but you can get sort of close by scrolling to the end of the left-hand list in the dictionary and choosing either or both a platform and an OS. That will filter the displayed entries according to your choices.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

[-hh]

Re: Doc of un-/supported platformspecific standalone feature

Post by [-hh] » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:11 pm

JLG's advice is good for iOS and Android. HTML5 isn't contained in the dictionary.

Here a summary of a use-list-thread from last year. From my side it is still valid.

On =Feb 10, 2016 1:10pm= John Dixon wrote:
Is there a list somewhere about what is working and what is not with html5?

On =Feb 10, 2016 3:19pm= [-hh] wrote:
Perhaps it's too early to maintain such a listing.
I already asked for insights into a "To-Do-List" in order to add "enhancement requests" (#16252).

We could/should do that by ourselves (spares time for the team).
The first big problem is "the" listing. List 2000 handlers, functions, operators, properties, constants?
If you start with a listing that has checks (YES/NO/PARTLY) then I'll come in and make also checks.

** And there is one possibility to check a lot of that directly in the browser: **
_TerminalZero_, you can download the stack there and use it for your own version-testing:
http://hh.on-rev.com/html5/ (US) OR http://hyperhh.org/html5/ (EU)

On =Feb 24, 2016 10:53am= Peter Brett wrote:
For a rough overview, see the "HTML5 engine features" section of the "HTML5 Deployment" guide.
I try to keep it reasonably up-to-date.

Beyond that, I mostly use "the list of open HTML5 bugs" as my reference for what's working and what isn't.
I don't keep a separate list because it would be out-of-date pretty much continuously.
shiftLock happens

Return to “HTML5”