Thought for improving the speed of the HTML 5: Will it work?

Bringing your stacks to the web

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Richard K. Herz

Re: Thought for improving the speed of the HTML 5: Will it w

Post by Richard K. Herz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:52 am

From San Diego at 5 pm, I get times similar to those of Simon, who is in Northern California. Using Terminal app on Macbook Pro with OS 10.11.1:

traceroute gives route of San Diego > LA > Dallas > Chicago > New Jersey > UK > France, ending at

16 vss-10a-6k.routers.ovh.net (178.33.100.204) 177.771 ms 173.438 ms 173.010 ms

after which I get *** until traceroute terminates.

ping gives me average of 180.403 ms

https://www.iplocation.net/ reports:
(1) vss-10a-6k.routers.ovh.net (178.33.100.204) is either in Paris, or in the North of France
(2) on-rev.com (37.59.205.90) is in the North of France (near Belgium border)
Rich Herz
LiveCode work at ReactorLab.net

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by [-hh] » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:23 am

I found these tools http://www.monitis.com/free-tools .
Excellent made, never have seen that before. It blew up my kilt (forgive me, Richmond).

You can there Ping and Traceroute from several locations in USA, Europe and ASIA/PACIFIC

This is especially for you Rich:
You can test also loading times for a special web page from places in the USA, Europe and ASIA/PACIFIC. They are using fast connections, one has to double these times for the daily use.
For example the MACaddressClock loaded from hh.on-rev results in
7s from USA, 4s from Europe and 14s from Asia/Pacicific, see HERE (links to monitis).

Simon, your bottle neck is the 'hop' 12, you could look where it is located with a geoIP tool.
You could also test again with the site above. But they showed me at about your times, that is, you are faster than the average user ...

Rich, 'whois' yields:
'37.59.205.88 - 37.59.205.95' is 'lir @ ovh.net', hosted by OVH, owned by Runtime Revolution Ltd, host owner is 'physically' located at Roubaix, France. We assume, the server is also there, I corrected that above.
shiftLock happens

Richard K. Herz

Post by Richard K. Herz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:34 am

Hermann,

Thank you for the link to the tools at http://www.monitis.com/free-tools. Running tests like this is fun - seeing connections around the world.

The web app I hand-coded in Javascript, on the Full Page Load Tester, takes 2 sec to load from US, 1 sec to load from Europe, 3.8 sec from Asia/Pacific. The Tester was not able to finish loading my LC web app.

This text on the Tester page caught my eye: "Everyone knows how annoying slow loading websites can be. In fact, web pages take longer than 5 seconds to load, lose 50% of users."

Rich
Rich Herz
LiveCode work at ReactorLab.net

Return to “HTML5”