Select Col.name from table - SOLVED

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sphere

Re: Select Col.name from table - SOLVED

Post by sphere » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

You are most welcome :)

When i was reading the thread i remembered someone pointing me to it, cause i had some issues.
So i thoug'd i'd look it up, but could not find the original posting anymore somewhere on superuser or stackexhange. But indeed it has nice info about it.

bogs

Post by bogs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Nice indeed, now tucked safely away in my bookmarks :mrgreen:

bogs

Post by bogs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Just as a finish up for anyone that follows along on this thread later, I did finally figure out the syntax to correct the display of the data. I'm not saying it is the best syntax mind you, just what worked here.

Code: Select all

put "SELECT `Title`,`Year`,`Format`,REPLACE(`Cast`,X'09',CAST( ' ' as text ))" \
         & ",REPLACE(`Summary`,X'09',CAST( ' ' as text )),`catNumber`" \
         & "FROM Movies" into tmpSql   
This resulted in nicely formatted columns in the table and grid objects which did not overflow the columns, so I didn't have to resort to going back to RB after all.
I may wind up going back to RB to suck out the pictures though, working on that step next. But this part was resolved completely in Lc.

Lesson learned from all this, make sure you strip pre/post spaces and either convert/replace internal/external tabs inside the data before inserting it into the db. Not impossible to overcome, but puzzling in its results sometimes :mrgreen:

Return to “Databases”