How to populate SQL Query Result into Table field?

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

99cents

How to populate SQL Query Result into Table field?

Post by 99cents » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Does anybody know how to populate SQL query results into table field without using Revolution's Query Builder?

The Query Builder works as directed in populating SQL content in table format, however, I need to write more customized solution. If anyone has additional information how to populate table content via scripts, please let me know.

Thanks for the assistance!

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:31 am

Hi 99,

Use something like revDataFromQuery() to put the data into a variable, while using tab and return as the delimiters. A script can not put the data into fields, line by line and item by item.

You'll need to have a look at the docs.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

99cents

Trying this now

Post by 99cents » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks Mark.

I keep digging to find more documentation. I'll use your suggestion as a starting point. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

99cents

Populating SQL query output to table successful

Post by 99cents » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Mark,

I read the "revDataFromQuery / Table Fields problem" in this forum and combined with your direction, I was able to be successfully populate my SQL query data into the table w/o using Rev's built in query builder.

Thanks and have a great day.

99 cents

Return to “Databases”