Creating SHA Encrypted Values

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Creating SHA Encrypted Values

Post by FourthWorld » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am

mickpitkin92 wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing the messageDigest function get updated, hopefully it will have some clear documentation to help users figure out the correct syntax to generate say a SHA3 hash or other hash types.
The syntax noted in the pull request I linked to seems pretty straightforward for all types:

Code: Select all

messageDigest(<type>, <message>) 
Richard Gaskin
Community volunteer LiveCode Community Liaison

LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems: http://FourthWorld.com
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

sphere

Post by sphere » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:19 pm

Very nice.
I'm just stepping into this encryption bussiness.

I want to change a program whcih stores now plain text to a database. But it's better to change some sensitive data into encrypted data.
My idea was : encrypt--->Base64 encode--->store into database (base64 so it becomes a string instead of binarydata, so no hassle with trailing zeros as i have read here and there)
then Read again for DB -->Base64 decode--->decrypt

Have to test some things
Sony HitBit HB75P MSX-1, Amiga 500 v1.3, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Pentium 1 and onwards to all loose PC crap boards which already was in the Amiga for ages not mentioning the startup speed, which we now have again with SSD :D

sphere

Post by sphere » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 pm

lc9 dp7 new sha released today :D
Sony HitBit HB75P MSX-1, Amiga 500 v1.3, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Pentium 1 and onwards to all loose PC crap boards which already was in the Amiga for ages not mentioning the startup speed, which we now have again with SSD :D

Return to “Databases”