Twitter and LiveCode apps - a way to drag and drop?

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

openworld

Twitter and LiveCode apps - a way to drag and drop?

Post by openworld » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:23 am

Hi all,

I've been very impressed by Livecode in my early stages of prototyping an open source curation app for Twitter.

A key challenge I'm facing, however, concerns an intuitive way to bring items from Twitter pages into the app.

Ideally, I'd like a to have a Twitter page embedded within a card (using revBrowser or something similar).

The embedded page would allow the user select a Tweet -- and then move it, via drag/drop, into a datagrid on the card.

The text of the dropped Tweet would then fill out the first cell of the selected row in the datagrid. Additional info associated with the Tweet -- e.g. name of the Twitterer, and other metadata -- would fill in the other cells in the target row.

Are there any scripts/demo stacks that show how this might be done?

Best,

Mark Frazier
@openworld

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Twitter and LiveCode apps - a way to drag and drop?

Post by FourthWorld » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I haven't seen a succinct example of drag-and-drop between apps, but it's not hard to do with a few minutes' experimentation. Check out the Dictionary for the dragDrop message and the dragData property. DragData["text"] will get you the info you want, queried from within a dragDrop handler.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

jekyllandhyde

Re: Twitter and LiveCode apps - a way to drag and drop?

Post by jekyllandhyde » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm

I also would like to display a card containing a feed from one specific twitter feed. Ideally and embedded twitter page within the app. I don't need to post to twitter. Does anyone have an example stack of this or suggestions on how to go about this or an example stack?
My app is for IOS 6.0+.

Thx.

Return to “Internet”