are there attempts to develop a revBrowser compatible with Linux ?

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

kresten

Re: are there attempts to develop a revBrowser compatible with Linux ?

Post by kresten » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:02 am

I am embarassed to confess, that my problems installing the chromium browser was a personal mix up of passwords. So I followed your instructions, and have it now as my secondary browser. I started a "linuxbrowser" substack, and tried to script it following Bogs exampel. I will save you for the details of my shortcomings and ask Bogs directly: Can I persuade you to send me the stack you produced and showed in your february 20 posting, - as an attachment to an email to kresten.bjerg@psy.ku.dk ?

bogs

Post by bogs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 am

Kresten, you should never be embarrassed by something like that. If you knew how many times that has happened to .... EVERYONE, really, we've all been there I'm sure. I'm just glad you got everything sorted out.

I will absolutely send you the demo stack, it is neither big nor impressive, but it should show you how to do it.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:45 am

kresten wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:02 am
I am embarassed to confess, that my problems installing the chromium browser was a personal mix up of passwords.
I see that as a good thing. It means you use multiple passwords. Too many people use one password for everything, so if any one thing gets hacked everything in their life becomes vulnerable. But you're smart: you have enough passwords that you occasionally get confused. That's a healthy source of confusion. :)
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Internet”