tsNet errors [SOLVED]

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

paulrichards999

tsNet errors [SOLVED]

Post by paulrichards999 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:31 pm

Having some issues with tsNet over https. The database product we use has a builtin webserver, this allows us to include DB coding amongst html to display data in a webpage- very much like livecode server. These pages have a suffix of .ESP

I can navigate to a particular .ESP page running on our DB webserver perfectly fine in a browser. I can also navigate to the same page using the new Browser widget.. I can also access page in LC v8.0.2. But when I use tsNet (8.1 onwards) to get the page, I get error 56?!

Now, if i navigate to same page using plan old http, the values are returned. So it appears tsNet accessing .ESP page over HTTPS is causing me issues. I don't get any certificate errors... I even have a plain old .html file running on the webserver which tsNet does retrieve OK, so that at least confirms the connection is OK.

Hopefully Charles is watching - is there anything I am missing, or is there a more detailed document regarding error codes?? Currently testing in Windows before pushing to Android - Although trying to push Charles Demo app to Android is giving a "could not encode class bundle" in v8.1.x & 9.x (but that's for another discussion!)
Last edited by paulrichards999 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulrichards999

Re: tsNet errors

Post by paulrichards999 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:05 pm

SO after basging head against wall, it would appear to be down the the SSL certificate being used against domain.

A "free" trial was being used, which worked OK in browsers - but having now converted to paid certificate, everything works fine

Return to “Internet”