Online dictionary - mobile sockets not listed

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

tonymac

Online dictionary - mobile sockets not listed

Post by tonymac » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:13 pm

Using LC 8 DP16

Guess it's just an oversight in updating the online dictionary not indicating that mobile sockets are in place. But made me question that since I was having a problem with mobile sockets working.

I can't get a simple socket client which is running on an Android smartphone to connect to a simple server running on Windows 7. Can't find ANY tutorials using MOBILE sockets. LC's website is still using and referring to the desktop versions of using sockets. Anybody got any examples of using MOBILE sockets? Are there things you have to do different than in setting up sockets for desktops?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Anybody else having a problem getting the dictionary to show content in LC 8 DP16? This is weird but it consistently happens. If I click on Dictionary in the menu, close the dictionary window 2 times, on the 3rd time I open the blank dictionary window, it will show content. Otherwise it won't... I have waited several minutes for content to show in the window but nothing. I have to click and close 3 times for it to work.

Online Dictionary when looking up "write to socket"
OS
mac,windows,linux
platforms
desktop,server,web

Dictionary from LC 8.dp16 when looking up "write to socket"
OS
mac,windows,linux,ios,android
Platforms
desktop,server,web,mobile

Return to “Internet”