revBrowser Windows Internet Explorer MSIE Vers. 7 vs 8,9,10

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

i2Internet
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

revBrowser Windows Internet Explorer MSIE Vers. 7 vs 8,9,10

Post by i2Internet » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:27 pm

With respect to the revbrowser.dll for Windows (revBrowserOpen etc.), it appears that the latest commercial release version of LiveCode (I am currently running 6.1.0, build 2005) makes use of Internet Explorer version 7.0 as this is what I see as the User Agent information returned by my standalone Windows executable.

1) First question: is there any way to instruct the app or the Windows OS environment to make use of some later version of the Internet Explorer (MSIE) engine such as version 8, 9, or 10?

2) Alternatively, if not, what are the upcoming plans as to when some newer version of Internet Explorer rendering (8, 9, or 10) will be available to LiveCode standalone Windows executables?

Thanks much in advance to anyone who can provide insight on this topic.

- Kevin of i2 Internet, USA

i2Internet

Re: revBrowser Windows Internet Explorer MSIE Vers. 7 vs 8,9

Post by i2Internet » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:06 am

We have seen no response to this post and it's been quite a while. We hope to hear soon that someone has insight on this!

Simon

Re: revBrowser Windows Internet Explorer MSIE Vers. 7 vs 8,9

Post by Simon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:41 am

Hi Kevin,
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say IE 7 is only in the header information and not the true browser version.
While it would be cool that liveCode actually does show the correct header info it's only a small "set the httpHeaders..." to change the version.

it is quite possible that I've missed the mark entirely but I figure if all you have installed is IE 10 then there is no way for the browser to actually be IE 7.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Return to “Internet”