Connecting calender/social media to app

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Opaquer

Connecting calender/social media to app

Post by Opaquer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:33 am

Hey everyone

I have a quick question or two. I'm currently part of a youth group, and making an app for it. For the app, I want to hopefully have the ability to show a calender of upcoming functions that we are having, ideally through calender or something similar. Is there any way to make the app read/show a calender that can be edited from my end (such as having it read a Google Calender)? If the Google Calender is viable, is there a way so that when a button is pressed, it automatically syncs the calender to the users phone, allowing them to see what functions we have without having to open the app each time?

The other question I have is about Facebook. The youth group I'm with has a Facebook and Twitter page, and it would be really good if we could somehow incorporate that into the app. I've read the link about Facebook's API using Andre Garzia's things, but I couldn't get them to work for some reason - it kept coming back with an error, so perhaps I was doing something wrong :(. But also from what I saw (which, admittedly wasn't the most in depth look), there wasn't the ability to show our Facebook page's status updates through the API (but again, I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am!)

Anyway, any help is appreciated, and I look forward to getting more and more in depth with Livecode :D!

Return to “Internet”