testing Rev Browser

Bringing the internet highway into your project? Building FTP, HTTP, email, chat or other client solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

reelstuff
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

testing Rev Browser

Post by reelstuff » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:58 pm

I have been experimenting with the rev browser and I found that when you click on links that open in another browser window, nothing happens,

Is there a way to fix this problem?

For instance if you open google.com you can search using the search box and you can navigate to different search results, but as soon as a link opens in a new browser window, _blank, the browser stops responding.

I also tested it on yahoo Mail, and found some interesting inconsistencies.

you can view mail, but you cannot delete emails, but only one at a time, until you reach the last email and you cant delete that email, strange behavior, must be something to do with javascript commands.

But I digress, just curious if there is a way to get the browser to follow links,

as in open new window for viewing say a Video, or other content.

as always thank for any suggestions,

Tim

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi Tim,

no idea about the mail problem, but YOU have to control how the browser behaves!

Means you will have to check if the user clicked a link (to a new window) and then you will have to catch this and decide to open a new instance/window of the browser :-)

The Revbrowser is NOT Safari or IE, but you have the control to make it behave like these other browsers (wheree someone else also had to programm this behaviour ;-)

Regards

Klaus

reelstuff

Post by reelstuff » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:01 pm

Ah, OK, I was mistaken thinking it was safari or IE, so I have to prepare for many situations, thank you for that info.

TIm

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi Tim,

it IS Safari on Mac and IE on Windows, at least the underlying framework, but WE have to provide/create a user interface with all its features :-)

reelstuff

Post by reelstuff » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:31 am

I see, thank you, I will have to investigate now and see the possibilities.

Return to “Internet”