Graphic won't resize properly

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

SparkOut

Graphic won't resize properly

Post by SparkOut » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:48 pm

I have an issue (with some stacks) where if I add a graphic from the tools palette it won't let me resize it properly. The drag handles show against each edge or corner, but it won't let me expand in either X or Y dimension. If I drag from the corner it will force resize to be square only. Sometimes I can grab an edge and shrink but again it forces the resize to be square.
Just trying with an empty stack to see if I can replicate for a bug request, it's working normally. The problem stacks are too big and private to submit but I have not done anything at all that I can think of to have this behaviour.

Any ideas?

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Graphic won't resize properly

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Hello SparkOut,

Does you stack/card script have any resizeControl handler?

Best,
Panos
--

PS: Feel free to file a bug report and send your stack directly to us (panos dot merakos at livecode dot com) if it is confidential.

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by [-hh] » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi SparkOut.
This is the wanted behaviour if the optionKey is down. Did you already check your keyboard?
shiftLock happens

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm

No resize handlers involved and no modifier keys either.
It is disconcerting that it is not doing the same with a new blank stack. I have no idea what could be causing this behaviour in the stack under development. I will try and see if there is something that can be sent for analysis at the mothership possibly.

Return to “Bug Triage”