Android player controls disappear

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jim1001

Android player controls disappear

Post by jim1001 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

I’m playing some audio on Android using the mobileControlSet “player”. Yes, I know there are other ways of playing mobile audio but I’d like to get this way to work better.

I find that player controls disappear when the media has stopped playing leaving a black rectangle. Clicking on the black rectangle brings them back (with video, the video remains visible but the controls still disappear)

Is this well known & is there an elegant solution that may be more obvious to a user?

The best I have up to now is a button to the right of the player which when clicked does a

Code: Select all

mobileControlSet <playerID>, "showController", true
- this also brings the controls back.

I’ve tried handling the the playerFinished message on its card script with the above command but the message doesn’t seem to fire. (aside: the dictionary says playerFinished is for ios & android whereas playerStopped is only for ios)

Thanks for any replies.

Return to “Bug Triage”