Livecode 8.0.2 on windows 10 - buggy

If you find an issue in LiveCode but are having difficulty pinning down a reliable recipe or want to sanity-check your findings with others, this is the place.

Please have one thread per issue, and try to summarize the issue concisely in the thread title so others can find related issues here.

Moderators: heatherlaine, Klaus, FourthWorld, robinmiller, kevinmiller

MrAlobar

Livecode 8.0.2 on windows 10 - buggy

Post by MrAlobar » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Anyone else noticed the following...

Mouse freezing, random times, locks up and cannot be unfrozen, have to save and close and reopen. Mouse action outside of LC is fine, alt tab to another app and the mouse is fine ?

Project Browser display problem - after opening, flahses full list of objects, then bottom two thirds bunch up and cannot be browsed - rendering it useless ?

Cheers,
I'm Creating it with Live Code

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Livecode 8.0.2 on windows 10 - buggy

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:36 pm

These are things I haven't seen, but would like to try. If we can come up with a reproducible recipe for them they can be fixed.

Let's start with this one: How many objects are on the card showing when the Project Browser hangs?
Richard Gaskin
Community volunteer LiveCode Community Liaison

LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems: http://FourthWorld.com
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks for your reply ForthWorld.. I've been playing with it a bit and it seems I only have the problem with projects built in previous versions of the IDE - I haven't been able to reproduce it with a new stack.

Later I will try to strip back a problem stack to see if there is a culprit object or combination. The problem exhibits 100% reliably with my old stacks.

Is there a way of listing the objects in a project without using the browser?

Thanks for your help.

jacque

Post by jacque » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:01 pm

Try the Application Overview, which you'll find in the Plugins menu. I use it exclusively, preferring a horizontal layout.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks jacque, useful tip.

Well I have reduced a stack (link below) down to one grouped object, with one control in it. The problem exists until I ungroup it and then it stops!

Stack on dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/291 ... Stack2.zip

(By the way, I'm now thinking the mouse freeze problem may be a red herring - it happened this evening outside of LC just after I had closed it. I'm going to look elsewhere, I'm no longer considering it an LC problem.)

MrAlobar

Post by MrAlobar » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Further to last - I have now managed to recreate the problem with a new stack...

Create a new stack... place two controls, group them, open project browser, expand sections - the problem appeared for me.

The grouping causes the problem for me.

LC 8.0.2 Indy edition, build 13025

ClipArtGuy

Post by ClipArtGuy » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:20 pm

MrAlobar wrote:Further to last - I have now managed to recreate the problem with a new stack...

Create a new stack... place two controls, group them, open project browser, expand sections - the problem appeared for me.

The grouping causes the problem for me.

LC 8.0.2 Indy edition, build 13025

This seems to work as expected in LC 8.02 community edition, on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC, even with many groups and controls.

Return to “Bug Triage”