Image Manipulation

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cbodell

Image Manipulation

Post by cbodell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi Users,

I'm developing a photo editor engine, for share. A mojority of my functions arent anything new. The engine is free, anyone interested should post. There are at least 200 different filters as of now. Can be downsized to 150 considering some are different forms of the same filter, for increases efficiency or speed. The engine includes some outstanding effects, like the basics, as well weathered effects, snow and ice flakes, first and mud splatter, water drops, wet lense. Deterioration, edge based dissipation effects, pixel drifts(also edge based), light editing for sunlight or natural light, as well as chromatic light. a converter for most color spaces, but not all. I will be re-updating for some brushes i lost along the way. Like frosting, powder, blush, water, and other brushes. Decomposing effects are also offered(3x3,5x5,7x7 and churned), for paint-like effects. Mosaic effects, tiled(3d or non). Blooming glows and different reflection effects, gaussian, and many more.

--Also included, the basic convolvulation, not external, for user define effects.

Again, anyone interested should post. Any suggestions or requests of filters would be appreciated. I would like to build the engine based on user request and ides, and it will be posted for everyone to use!

Hope to hear some great ideas!

Chris Bodell

cbodell

Re: Image Manipulation

Post by cbodell » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Also to mention, many of the filters have 5 to 10 different style settings for different effects. I have developed the filters to be completely user friendly, and mostly customizable!

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Chris,

this sounds interesting.

You might be aware of Wilhelm Sanke's extensive work on manipulating imageData. Many filters and effects.

http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia/index.html

especially

http://www.sanke.org/ImageDataArt/index.htm

here:
ImageData Toolkit and Seamless Tiles

I would be interested in your photo editor engine. Hard to ask for effects since I have not seen the ones already in place.

Kind regards

Bernd

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:32 pm

I have seen the imageData toolkits, most of the basic filters are also included in my engine. I will upload the engine as soon as i am able. I am under the impression i have to be a registered user for at least a week and have made at least 5 posts? Or so i am told. I dont have a purchased license, i actually used the trial for developing the engine. So i think i can only share the stack here. the stack in its own is 5mb give or take. Just a simple user interface.

Mostly i would like to extend the engine to show the effects and filters possible with simple algorithms or techniques.
If you would like a copy of the stack, i can email it to you, i just dont think i can post links or stacks yet since i am a new user here at the forums? Is this correct?

Thank You Bernd!

Chris

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Chris,

send me the link and I will post it here!
klaus AT major-k.de

Best

Klaus

bn

Post by bn » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Chris,

thanks for the offer. I am afraid the forum has a limit of 250 KB for zipped uploads.

You could send it to:

Code: Select all

on mouseUp
   put "bmlnZ2VtYW5uQHVuaS13aC5kZQ==" into tData
   put base64decode(tData)
end mouseUp
Kind regards

Bernd

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Klaus,

I've sent the link, hope to see it up, please give some feedback.

Thanks!

Chris

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi friends,

here the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/018w9n5kz ... _Basic.rev

This is NOT the stack, so please open the link in your browser!

Best

Klaus

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi Chris,

hmmm, some inconvenient things showed up immediately:

1. Do NOT use any image pattern in menu buttons, see screenshot:
Bildschirmfoto 2011-11-12 um 19.19.30.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2011-11-12 um 19.19.30.jpg (26.61 KiB) Viewed 16666 times
This way the menus are really not usable.
Instead just show the name or label of the button!

2. "About Photo Room" will open a MODAL window with NO button to close it, so one has to force quit LiveCode.

3. You cannot open an image on the Mac, since you used Windows type syntax!
Use this instaed in the FILE button:
answer file "Select an Image File:" with (tName & "." & tDefault) with TYPE "|jpg,gif,png|" titled "Photo Room"
ICO files are NOT supported by LiveCode

4. Light grey text in menus is used for DISABLED menu items, so this is misleading.

Best

Klaus

townsend
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by townsend » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 pm

I was going to mention the same thing.
Everything seems to work. It's just hard to make out the menu selections.
144 Photo Room.jpeg

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 pm

Wow, thanks for the quick responses, im a Windows user(Windows 7), it worked fine for me. The problem is i couldnt test under any other platforms.

I'm Terribly sorry friends, i'll fix the problem ASAP then update. I should've thought about that, but was totally unaware the menus work in that way.

I actually had a more developed verison, with simpler menus, more filters and so on, but somehow managed to attatch a password to the stackfile, but with no intentions of doing so. Im completely stumped on it. I contacted support from RunRev/Livecode; it would cost for time, but with no promises of password retrieval. I created brush and stamp effects, such as frosting, blush, makeup, powder, somewhat useless things, but for experiement for my tester. I had to fall back to the older backup version, and quickly wrap a user-friendly environment. Unfortunately, i shouldve tested first.

Question, is this problem pre--Windows 7, ie, does xp not have the environment-manager like windows 7? Ill revert to the basic menu, i tried to get a little to fancy! :)

Thanks a Lot :)
I'll fix for an update!
Last edited by cbodell on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Also*, thanks for the sample script, ill incorporate for better usability on other platforms!

bn

Post by bn » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:38 am

Chris,

thank you for providing this stack. There are a lot of very useful and nice algorithms for imageData manipulation. Too bad that livecode is relatively slow at getting at the binary data and setting the binary data.

I had a problem to revert to original if the original was e.g. 640by480. It seems the original has to be smaller. Also for me the file type filter did not work, had to turn it off.

again, thank you

Kind regards

Bernd

paul_gr

Post by paul_gr » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks for the stack, Chris.

Nice work.

Paul

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Chris,
cbodell wrote:Also*, thanks for the sample script, ill incorporate for better usability on other platforms!
just to be sure, the "open file" snytax that I provided will work on all platforms!

Best

Klaus

Return to “Multimedia”