Image Manipulation

Visuals, audio, animation. Blended, not stirred. If LiveCode is part of your rich media production toolbox, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cbodell

Re: Image Manipulation

Post by cbodell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey Klaus,

Yeah, does mac support the Label, ie "Some File|abc|ABC!" or does it have to be without? ie, "|png,jpg,etc|"

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Hey Klaus,

Yeah, does mac support the Label, ie "Some File|abc|ABC!" or does it have to be without? ie, "|abc,abc,abc|"

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 pm

Ehm... Why do you ask again, Chris, and even 2 times? Just give it a try.

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

Oops,

Somehow added that twice instead of edited*. I am a windows user, so i cannot test on mac. I am responding to marks question! And i meant to ask him :oops:
Sorry about that Klaus

I have also added the updated version on the Skydrive link for everyone!

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am

Hi,

Yes, it also works on Mac. You need to be aware of the filetypes, though. For example, filetype TEXT belongs to file extension txt, so you need to use "Text file|txt|TEXT". PNG files have the file type PNGf, jpg files JPEG and tif files TIFF. There are many more filetypes.

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:08 am

Hi Chris,

I think you are doing a wonderful job. All these filters and effects are wonderful.

Unfortunately this does not work.

Code: Select all

case "Mahogany"
         get addFilter_ConvertColorScaleTestt(the long id of img "Image","192,64,0")
         break
this does not work since addFilter_ConvertColorScaleTestt again has a typo.

Kind regards

Bernd

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:13 am

Mark,

Ok thank you, i'll look into the file types better.'

Bernd,

Thanks alot, i've looked that over quite a few times, i cant believe i left that extra char in there, again. 8)

Question: can anyone throw me a hint for angling, i need to find the angle of a pixel from "x,y" & "o,o". where "x,y" can be any point, and "0,0" center of course, but i wouldn't necesarily go from "0,0", i'd just offset so it would be adjusted to angle from "o,o". Is there a function for this in the library, or even angles between two coordinent points. If not i can just use a custom formula.

Thank You

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi,

I have posted an updated version of Photo Room, Water Ripple Effects and adjustment to the artistic|Paint filters, as well as decompose.

*Also, i have added parameters to many of the functions, so overlapping wont occur, this also increases render time dramatically, ie, the mosaic effects, and pixel runs (dripping paint,etc)

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi Users,

I have posted an updated version of Photo Room. Some new features have been added. Default Image size is smaller, so the file size is significantly smaller, you can adjust however, for your preferences.

Features: Dramatic grayscale effects(8 new in total) which are based on a linear blend or smothen function, which creates some dramatic light and dark effects, or softening for a smother effect. I have also integrated the mothin blur finally, you can adjust the threshold release for the filters for different lengths, the two filters are for a vertical or horizontal linear basis. More options for decompose have also been added based on these filters. Based on the thresholds for these functions, you can apply minor decomposement(median) or completely simplify the image.

Known Issues: The rippling effects(such as accordian, washboard, waves, etc.) applies the changes to the origional data so some of the data remains from the origional image as the new data is shift accordingly.

Have a look! Any remarks or comments appreciated, any ideas for grayscaling methods or convolution presets appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

mhoneywill

Post by mhoneywill » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:12 am

Hi Chris,

Just downloaded this application, to see what could be done with Livecode, very impressed.

Just a few things

1. Under Tools - Original Size is spelt incorrectly
2. All the options in the help menu are greyed out
3. Is there any form of zoom facility

Cheers

Martin

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback, ill edit that for the next update. I have the help menu disabled because i havent yet made the help or information stacks. I made the menu in advance, but got carried away with the functions i were writing. I need to write a help* file or something for how to use the filters and adjust per thresholds and paramaters, but there are so many filters

Lastly, i haven't incorporated zoom capabilities yet. I usually test the filters on a locked image size, but i hope to have that capability available soon. Im glad you enjoyed the stack though. I keep adding new filters regularly so keep your eye out if your interested.

Thank You!

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Users,

I have added a few filters to the Photo Room Stack, posterization, and customizable duo-tones. Also a few weather, artistic, and mosaic effects, have been edited to resist pixel wrap. Same for the edge deterioration effects.

Sample photos can be found at the link below!

bn

Post by bn » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi Chris,

thank you for posting the link to Photo Room. However the version there says 27th of Nov. Is that right?

I saw your image galery. Very nice effects.

At the risk of repeating myself I think you are doing a great job.

Where do you get all the algorithms from?

Kind regards

Bernd

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi Bernd,

I posted the last update, but didnt post any samples like i had planned, and forgot to mention the newer filters, some filters i find in sample stacks, on the community, but most are trial and error. Presets for convolution can be found on the internet or software/freeware image editors. Most filters i make are translated from other languages.

Just experiment and learn as you go!

cbodell

Post by cbodell » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi Users,

Another update for PhotoRoom has been posted, i have added a vertical or horizontal mirror effect, splitting the image from center. Also, Undo and Redo options are function-able now.

*Several new Grayscaling methods have been added(Tri-Channel Spread,Channel Differences,Angled Grayscale, Channel Preserves and more). accompanying filters are different options/styles for mid-tone, max, min or basic effects.

Return to “Multimedia”